The Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe (MCAZ) is inviting qualified, honest, self-motivated and experienced applicants for the following post:-
- Procurement and Administration Manager – 1 Post
Reporting to the Director-General, the incumbent will be responsible for the following among other duties:
- Formulate and implement the Procurement and Administration Unit annual strategic plan in line with the corporate strategy;
- Prepare and manage the Annual Unit budget and exercise expenditure control and monitoring;
- Develop and maintain sound and effective policies and procedures to manage procurement, general administrative and registry processes;
- Ensure sustainable procurement practices in compliance with relevant statutes e.g. PPDPA Act and PRAZ;
- Prepare, review and manage all service contracts including timely annual renewals;
- Manage the Authority’s fleet operations, fuel usage and safe custody of the resources;
- Lead Unit staff performance, training and routine assessments to ensure adequate staff level and resource allocation;
- Conduct effective maintenance and safe upkeep of the Authority’s properties, infrastructure and all movable assets;
- Produce monthly management reports on all Procurement and Administration operations in line with the corporate strategy and approved budget;
- Support the Quality Management System through continuous review of policies and procedures and alignment of Procurement and Administration process to standards;
- Manage insurance portfolio to include timely quarterly premium renewals and payments, processing of claims and assets market valuation review for adequate cover;
- Coordinate project management issues with external Funding Partners e.g. UNDP;
- Manage business relationships and communications with internal and external customers to achieve maximum customer satisfaction in the service delivery chain;
- Manage the Registry and archive operations including obsolete documents disposal;
- Provide advice and guidance to the Procurement Evaluation Committee on procurement deliberations in line with stipulated thresholds;
- Submit recommendations to Director-General for review and approvals;
- Manage implementation of construction projects, coordination and provide sound project management standards.
- Bachelor of Science in Procurement and Supply Management degree or
- Graduate Diploma in Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS)
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Procurement Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Project Management is an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years post experience in a Managerial position.
- Excellent tender evaluation and analytical skills.
- Expertise in business management and good leadership skills.
- Proven experience in carrying out negotiations at high business levels.
- Ability to foster team spirit and direction.
- Good communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
Applicants should send their curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications, experience and expected salary and benefits to:
Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe
106 Baines Avenue/ Corner Third Street
P O Box 10559
Closing Date: 28th May 2021
Protecting your Right to Quality Medicines and Medical Devices
Disclaimer: The Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe does not charge any fees to respondents to this advertisement nor to those who become successful. Applicants are advised to deal with caution if approached in regard to any offer to facilitate the applications process.
Last Updated: 20 May 2021