The Legal and Corporate Affairs office is a Unit under the office of the Director General. The Legal and Corporate Affairs Unit is manned by Legal Practitioners consisting of a Legal and Corporate Affairs Manager who works with the Legal and Corporate Affairs Regulatory Officer for effective and efficient administration of the Unit. The Unit is the joint custodian of the corporate governance framework for MCAZ together with the Finance and Business Support and the Internal Auditors Divisions. The Legal and Corporate Affairs office is responsible for the following:
1. The Legal Risk assessment to MCAZ
2. Reviewing and drafting legislation
3. Legal advice to the Director General and other Divisions
4. Imparting and enforcement of legislation
5. Co-ordination of cases for litigation with MCAZ external legal counsel
6. Management of the Legal and Corporate Affairs Unit internal business processes
7. Joint Custodian of Corporate Governance
8. Secretariat to the Legal Committee on legal issues and makes relevant recommendations as and when necessary
9. Secretariat to the Hearing Committee
10. Public Relations for MCAZ
11. Production of the Annual Report
Stakeholders to the Legal and Corporate Affairs Unit
1. Other relevant Government bodies
2. Other relevant quasi – government bodies
3. The Zimbabwe Republic Police, mainly the Criminal Investigations Department Drugs Squad
4. Fellow Legal Counsel
5. Professional and Business persons or bodies
6. The public at large
Guidance on submission of covid-19 vaccine applications for emergency use authorisation and registration have been published. Click MCAZ COVID-19 VACCINE GUIDANCE-VERSION 11 download the guideline.
In order to improve service delivery to our valued customers, MCAZ collects information on Customer Complaints. To download the 2019 Customer Complaints Trends Analysis Click here
The Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe (MCAZ) Covid-19 Health and Safety Guidelines applies to MCAZ staff with the intention of preventing workplace infections, protecting lives, and promoting employee health for...
The draft Blood and Blood Components Regulations are now available Please note that this is a DRAFT that has been uploaded to obtain comments from stakeholders before the regulations are...
This Medical Product Alert warns consumers, healthcare professionals, and health authorities against a growing number of falsified medical products that claim to prevent, detect, treat orcure COVID-19. Medical...
Draft SADC Variations Guidelines are now available Click the following links to download the guidelines and the comments sheet Draft SADC Variations Guidelines Draft SADC Variations Guidelines Comments Sheet
In pursuit of promoting high ethical standards, the Authority has formulated a Code of Ethics for its employees and members of the Authority .The Authority believes that high ethical...
Southern African Development Community (SADC), as a region has harmonized medicines registration guidelines in the common technical document (CTD) format that were approved in January 2015. Nevertheless, the harmonization...