JOB ADVERTISEMENT: DIRECTOR-GENERAL, GRADE F2
The Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe (MCAZ) is inviting applications from suitably qualified, honest, self-motivated and experienced applicants for the following vacant position:
Director-General X 1 Post
Reporting to the Board Chairperson, the successful incumbent will be responsible for the following among other duties:
- Provide strategic and effective leadership and direction to the Authority and manage all its resources, employees and operations to achieve the MCAZ’s vision and mission.
- Effective and efficient administration of the Medicines and Allied Substances Control Act, the Dangerous Drugs Act, relevant regulations and other statutes and conventions;
- Create, communicate and implement the Authority’s vision, mission and business culture;
- Plan and formulate Authority policies for recommendation to the Board;
- Responsible for formulating and implementing the strategic plan that guides the direction of the Authority’s business;
- Review and monitor implementation of the Strategic Plan continuously and ensure the achievement of set targets;
- Initiate policy, legislation and regulation changes in conjunction with national and international trends;
- Establish an efficient and timely performance measurement and reporting system;
- Manage effective and competent internal multi-disciplinary teams to meet set objectives;
- Ensure the proper management and accountability of the Authority’s financial resources;
- Ensure the Authority is appropriately staffed with the right caliber of manpower to achieve set goals;
- Ensure that the Authority maintains high standards of good corporate citizenship and social responsibility in its operations;
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders and customers regularly;
- Maintain a visible and high profile on various external advisory panels and other bodies to keep abreast with developments in the industry;
- Represent the Authority at local, regional and international for a e.g. SADC, AMRH, ICDRA, WHO, conferences, workshops and seminars;
- Conduct operational research to obtain customer feedback annually.
Education, Experience, Training and Skills Required
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in either Pharmacy, MBCHB (Medicine) or Veterinary Science.
- Post Graduate Degree in either Clinical Pharmacy or Pharmacology.
- Possession of a post graduate degree such as MBA, MBL, Law or MSc Strategic Management will be an added advantage.
- At least ten (10) years Executive Management level experience in medicines regulation or pharmaceutical work.
- Special knowledge of the action and application of medicines.
- Experience in the control of medicines and relevant legislation.
- Strong financial and human resources management skills.
The MCAZ is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications, experience and expected remuneration to:
The Board Chairperson
Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe
106 Baines Avenue/ Corner Third Street
P O Box 10559
Closing Date: 7th August 2020
Protecting your Right to Quality Medicines and Medical Devices.
Last Updated: 24 July 2020